Pio Cesare, Alba



More images
This is one of the real top producers from Piedmont. The company was founded in 1881 and is now run by the 4th generation. This is one of the few producers situated in the city of Alba itself. Part of the impressive halls are the 2.000 years old Roman walls that used to surround all of Alba. In these suggestive surroundings we find a producer that has always put quality before quantity and in fact the annual production of 400.000 bottles seems small, taking in consideration the international fame that Pio Cesare enjoy.

About 90% of all grapes are from own estates of about 60 hectares, mainly in the Barbaresco and Barolo areas, and the remaining 10% are bought from historical farmers and the grapes are every year chosen with great care. The largest part of the vinyards are Nebbiolo, Barbera, Dolcetto and Arneis, the typical Langhe and Roero grapes, but a part includes also Grignolino and Cortese, other traditionel Piemontese grapes.

We are very proud to be able to offer our clients the possibility to visit this exclusive winery.

Additional information: Main products: Barbaresco (Il Bricco), Barolo (Ornato), Barbera, Dolcetto, Gavi, Arneis, Grignolino, Nebbiolo.



Back to wineries