Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona, Montalcino



More images
Once belonging to the Abbay of San Antimo the winery was sold to the Ciacci family in 1877. Through marriage in the mid-1900 with the Count of Piccolomini d'Aragona, the old family of Pope Pius II, it became the Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona.
The family estinguished in 1985 and the activity was inherited by Giuseppe Bianchini, who turned the old palace into both his home and the seat of the winery. Since his death in 2004 the Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona today is run by his son and daughter, who are continuing the traditions of this historic producer.

The vineyards are in the heart of the Montalcino area facing towards South and West and especially the almost 12 hectares of Pianrosso gives excellent conditions for the Sangiovese grapes destinated for becoming the Brunello and Brunello Riserva Pianrosso.
The winery is today divided into 3 cellars. The historic cellars under the old palace are only used for aging on oak barrels. The modern cellars, finished by the children of Giuseppe Bianchini, are today the heart of the activity with the offices, vinification, aging and bottling. This Cantina Molinello is also where the winery receive visitors.
Recently another cellar in the Grosseto Province has been established, exclusively for the Sangiovese production.


Additional information: Main products: Brunello di Montalcino, also as Riserva, Rosso di Montalcino, Super Tuscan Age. Grappa, olive oil



Back to wineries