Castello Di Luzzano, Rovescala



More images
The winery of Castello di Luzzano was bought by the Fugazza family in the beginning of the 20th century. Emilio Fugazza was looking far ahead and replanted the vineyards and built the cantina in a wing of the Castello di Luzzano in 1936.
Maria Giulia followed her father's footsteps in young age, and later in 1980 her sister Giovannella came to help her run the family wineries, having even a plant in the Romito area. In the hands of the two sisters the Castello di Luzzano went into a new era, where a main ambition was to widen the knowledge of the Oltrepo Pavese wines. Today the wines of Castello di Luzzano are made from handpicked own grapes. The lands are 60 hectares of which 37 are vineyards. The production is both still and frizzante wines made from both local and international grapes. They come in both red and white variants. Apart from Italian and international awards the sisters are proud of the mentioning of their wines by Mr. Frank Sinatra.

Additional information: Main products: Oltrepo Pavese DOC red and white, Red and white frizzante, Malvasia Passito.



Back to wineries